Did you know the prominent leaders like Mahatma Gandhi, Benazir Bhutto, Barrack Obama, Margaret Thatcher and others like them possesses a degree in law? A bachelor in law program happens to be among the oldest academic degrees. Lawyers are considered among the highest qualified and a myriad of career opportunities exist for them.
Many consider studying law as a way to uphold justice. Overall, a degree in law is not meant for the courtroom but it concerns almost every aspect of our daily life.
Career options after completing bachelor in law program
Let us know explore why one should study law – It helps to develop the understanding of the delegation of power in the society. As law is connected with almost every part of the human civilization, therefore law and legal support happens to be extremely important for all.
Lawyers help uphold the law of the land. There can never be peace in the society if lawlessness exists. Else, the ordinary people will be left at the mercy of those who abuse power. An example of this would be the case of Cambodia. While Pol Pot and Khmer ruled, people had no option to save themselves.
The person studying law develops a good understanding of how justice is delivered or should be delivered to those needing it. Those having a bachelor in law program also know how to make a difference by identifying the shortcomings in the system and accordingly initiated the process to ensure that things fall in place in a realistic and effective manner. Another important reason for studying law is that a law expert can put forward evidence and logic that would be difficult to counter for non-lawyers.
Therefore, the career options available for those studying law are:
- Covering both the private as well as the public sector law firms. These could include small and medium companies apart from big corporations.
- A lawyer can be appointed for a legal aid firm as well. Similarly, a lawyer can be hired for a community legal clinic, too.
- Legal start-up firms also need legal experts. The same goes for the boutique law agencies as well. Therefore it is important to enroll in a bachelor in law program.
- Depending on what sort of cases a lawyer can handle, the person can be assigned a role either in a specified field or can be given the responsibility to handle multiple fields of law.
- The smallest unit could be a one head law firm. These are usually run by self-employed lawyers or law experts associated with specific clients.
Additional benefits of doing bachelor in law program
Studying law provides the opportunity of combining both theory and the practical application. Apart from law, other areas of work also get enhanced like research and analysis, unfolding complex concepts, presentation and written communication skills.
Future options for bachelor in law program degree holders
Previously, a few options were left for developing a career. However, due to financial changes, globalization of business and digitization of processes, the demand for law experts will rise in the future. And, for success in this field, a bachelor in law program is mandatory.